Note naming/finding
My chord grips are all based on locating the root note on the E or A strings. I can name notes decently well up the neck on both strings, and find notes pretty well. But it all falls apart on upper strings.
Just realized that I can take the same approach to the other strings. All I need to is use the nearest E.
Eligible positions:
E (low) string - that's the one i know
A string, 7th fret
D string, 2nd fret
G string - no good, the B string doesn't fit the pattern
B string, 5th fret
E (high) - no next string but it just follows the low E
So the new "E roots" are:
A string, 7th fret (with "A root" on D string, 7th fret)
D string, 2nd fret (with "A root" on G string, 2nd fret)
B string, 5th fret (with "A root" on high E string, 5th fret)
Comments
Post a Comment